Saturday, January 28, 2012

Tanda of the Week 04 / 2012 -
Juan D'Arienzo (instrumentals)


1. Juan D'Arienzo - "La catrera" 1938
2. Juan D'Arienzo - "Por que razón" 1939
3. Juan D'Arienzo - "El pollito" 1938
4. Juan D'Arienzo - "Maipo" 1939




----

The original post: "I played this improvised tanda last thursday in our small local milonga in Helsinki and the dance floor was on fire. I went to dance this one myself too and although I know the songs very well I could hardly keep up with the unmatched and overwhelming energy and dynamics that D'Arienzo throws at you. I truly gave it my all but I could still picture the maestro conducting the dancers and his orchestra shouting: "You need to give more!" It's amazing how versatile tango music actually is and that these songs were recorded more than 70 years ago!"

D'Arienzo, Juan - TOTW - Todo Tango tango.info - iTunes Store

0 kommenttia:

Post a Comment